Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reading


"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book."


"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."-Mark Twain


These are my two favorite quotes about books. I love all books. A lot of people don't understand why I read so much. It is because when I read I can be anyone. It allowes me to gain another life, another experience, a new part of myself. One thing that always is confusing to me is when someone who can read, and can experience a good book complains about it, and refuses to. If you can read but choose not to, then what is the difference between you and someone who can not read. People who can read shouldn't take it for granted because there are thousands of people all over the world who can not.

Go to http://www.communityliteracy.com/.
Community Literacy Centers(CLC) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to teaching adults to read. Since its start, CLC has helped over 28,000 individuals learn to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment